Friday, May 15, 2009

Quiet Please (Thing 1)

Hello, Internet. I'm participating in North Texas 23 and the first task, hereupon known as Things, is to set up a blog. This is my blog, welcome to it.

I've had several personal blogs in the past. All of them ended up abandoned. My first blog was hosted on diaryland.com back in 2001/2002. I don't know that that would be considered blogging as much as social networking. I kept up with it for some time before I petered out. From there I moved onto blogger and I maintained that blog for awhile. One day one of my nieces (who was probably 12 at the time) told me she'd searched for her name online and found my blog. Well, I couldn't have family reading my most personal thoughts, so I deleted that blog and started another. From that moment on I left a trail of abandoned blogs behind me.

As for this blog...we'll see. I decided to name the blog Stoneybrook Public Library in honor of Ann M. Martin's series The Babysitters Club, which is set in the fictional town of Stoneybrook, CT. Let me just say, Stoneybrook, CT may not be real, but it exists in my heart. :) Anyhow. I was always a reader, but I became a lifelong reader thanks to the BSC books.

No comments:

Post a Comment