Sunday, July 26, 2009

One is the Lonliest Number (Thing 11)

When I log on to the Internet I log on with specific sites in mind. I have a good dozen blogs that I visit daily. I always check Facebook and Twitter. I might check out IMDB, Etsy, and hunch. I get my news from CNN and Drudge. If I need recipe ideas I'll search RecipeZaar or Tasty Kitchen. I update my reading list on Good Reads and I update my personal blog. But I never get online intending to IM. I'm not especially loquacious, so chit chat in any form is not really my cup of tea. When I do any sort of IMing I do it through Facebook. In order to complete Thing 11, however, I used Yahoo!Messenger to IM. I used Yahoo!Messenger because I have my e-mail account through Yahoo! and that allowed me to skip the registration phase of this new Thing. The thing about IMing is that if no one you know is doing it, it's kind of hard to participate

No comments:

Post a Comment